Inside This Issue
We take a look at this year's festive sandwiches; consider the changing perceptions of Greggs and whole lot more.
- Patrick Coveney,Patrick Coveney,Greencore’s CEO, was both optimistic about a post-Brexit future and prospects for food to go, at the recent IGD Food To Go Conference.Simon Ambrose was in the audience
- Flipside, a new plant-based grab and go concept, which aims to appeal to all the day-parts, has opened in London. Simon Ambrose paid a call
- Julian Metcalfe, Pret A Manger’s co-founder and also founder of Itsu, was the star turn at the lunch! show this year – after 11 years of trying by the organisers! Modestly, he spent a great deal oftime praising “remarkable” staff, but also shared his thoughts on food, loyalty, Brexit and even non retirement
- Customer perceptions of Greggs have changed massively in the last fi ve years, going from ‘greasy bakery’ to having much stronger health credentials, spearheaded by the launch of its Balanced Choice range in 2014.Head of Category David Ross explained all at the recent lunch! show
- Jiffy Trucks now has a further model in its portfolio: the Fiat Professional with its Doblo 1.6 105bhp Platform cab.
- As the cuckoo is held to be the first harbinger of spring, Christmas sandwiches now signal the impending yuletide for many, often making an appearance before shop festive decorations. Vegan was big in 2017, so what’s new this Christmas?