Inside This Issue
Peterbough independent, SubXpress had just celebrated its tenth aniversary. Uniq Northampton's excutive chef Thomas Allen looks at the growing importance of street food for sandwich developers.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Waitrose aims for a bigger slice of the sandwich sector.
- Nellie Nichols checks out Leon’s new spin-off.
- Wraps are over-indexing on supermarket sandwich shelves, but despite this, the major multiples are increasingly falling behind in the growing hot revolution, argues Rob Iles, Innovation & Marketing Director of Adelie Food Holdings.
- SubXpress, a Peterbough independent, has just celebrated its tenth anniversary, no mean achievement considering the amount of competition in the town from a certain national chain.
- Uniq Northampton’s executive chef Thomas Allen looks at the growing importance of street food for sandwich developers.
- As more and more customers choose comfort and value, hot food and soups are taking an increasingly large slice of the pie in the food-to-go sector. But as winter draws in, what makes a hot choice tempting for consumers? Steve MacDavid, brand director at food travel experts SSP UK, looks at a growing market which offers huge potential for operators.
- Comprehensive preview of the ‘must visit’ show of the year.
The Lunch Sector
- What’s going on in the ‘eat out sector as consumers start to really feel the pinch? New research from Allegra Strategies shows that the value-end of the market is now the key driving force.