Inside This Issue
The results from this years Sammies.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Northern Ireland Health trusts have been advised to stop serving sandwiches following an outbreak of listeria which claimed the life of an elderly patient, while investigations are still underway.
- Fernandez & Wells have to be one of the best, if not the best, sandwich and coffee bars in the UK. Their latest opening in Somerset House, London sees them pushing the boundaries even further. Nellie Nichols goes along to revel in this new heaven.
250th Anniversary Celebrations
- The 250th anniversary of the sandwich, followed by the Diamond Jubilee, saw an unprecedented flurry of activity around the UK in support of the hand-held meal.
The Sammies: Designer Of The Year
- Designer of the Year winners.
The Sammies Awards Night
- The full line up of all the award winners.
- How the best was won.
- All the latest news from around the trade.