Inside This Issue
We take a look at The Real Wrap Company, bring latest news about Deli Lites, and see what happens when Ian Barker and Rugby Leagyue star Jon Wilkin buy a sandwich bar near Warrington.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Northern Ireland sandwich manufacturer Deli Lites has won a £1m deal to supply sandwiches and wraps to Irish company Applegreen.
- The sandwich trade is in for a hectic time this Spring, with three major shows to visit. IFE, co-located with Pro2Pac, and undoubtedly the UK’s largest food and drink trade exhibition, returns to ExCeL London from 17-20 March with over 1,200 exhibitors.
- Princi offers some of London’s best sandwiches, pastries and salads, with its own bakery at the heart of the business. Juliet Shield, herself a former sandwich bar owner (Liverpool’s Mangetout) and now a cafe and restaurant consultant, paid a call in the first of a new series.
- When former bookie Ian Barker and Rugby League star Jon Wilkin bought a sandwich bar near Warrington, it looked as if they might have kicked an own-goal, as they ran into unexpected problems. Four years later, Le Brunch is a thriving business, boosted by a brave move into an on-line ordering and delivery service, says Simon Ambrose.
Wraps and Tortillas
- The Real Wrap Company is manufacturing high quality wraps and sandwiches for a variety of catering institutions, after a remarkably quick gestation and some input from BSA manufacturer and stakeholder Raynor Foods.
Sandwich Designer of the Year 2013 and The Sammies
- Yes, it’s that time of year again, when you reach for the BSA entry forms.