In This Issue
We take a look at why consultant Juliet Shield experiences as sence of disappointment on visiting Pret A Mangers Marbeuf site.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Tesco claims to have become the first retailer to launch a dedicated breakfast sandwich range across the UK, with a dedicated fixture at the front of its stores.
- Ginsters is launching a wide-ranging refresh of its best-selling branded sandwich portfolio.
- Pret A Manger’s Paris shops are doing so well that weekly sales are bigger than any of its other regions. It aims to have eight outlets there by the end of the year. So why does consultant Juliet Shield experience a sense of disappointment on visiting the Marbeuf site, just off the Champs-Élysées?
Sandwich Designer Of The Year
- Sandwich guru Mark Arnold, a creative executive at sandwich manufacturer Tasties, and one of the judges at the recent Sandwich Designer of the Year competition, as well as a previous winner himself, looks back at what proved to be an exciting competition.
- Who won what and how? A comprehensive look at this year’s winners and their accomplishments.
Labelling News Focus
- The new government Front of Pack labelling guidelines with ‘changed goalpost’ salt targets, will see some already reformulated sandwiches slip back into the ‘red zone,’ with consumers now on high alert.
- Waitrose has relaunched its Good to Go range of 190 snacks and sandwiches with packaging reductions totalling 25 tonnes per year.