Inside This Issue
In this issue we bring you The Sammies shortlist and everything you needed to know about Sandwich Designer of the Year. Plus, food to go manufacturer Raynor Foods has launched a vertical hydroponic growing system which will allow them to grow micro-ingredients in house.
- Food to go manufacturer Raynor Foods has launched a vertical hydroponic growing system which will allow them to grow micro-ingredients in house. Rosemary Gardens - the name is a salute to company co-founder Rosemary Raynor - has been trialled successfully throughout April.
- The continued decline in EU immigrants coming to the UK to work highlights the increasingly critical shortage of workers in the UK food industry. According to the latest data from the Migration Statistics from the National Statistics Offi ce , there was a decline of 35,000 in the number of EU citizens coming to the UK to work in the year to November 17, and this is prior to any controls the Government introduces after Brexit.
- Greencore has announced a major shake-up of its US business, including closing its Rhode Island facility to stem losses. This follows the issuing of a profits warning in mid-March when Greencore anticipated a £3 million one-off cash cost for “resetting” the US network.
- OWhich Wich Superior Sandwiches, the US sub-style sandwich concept, has opened its first United Kingdom location in London. Delayed from last year, its United Kingdom debut is part of the brand’s focus on expanding its presence globally. The London opening marks the first of what it says will be 10 stores set to open within the next four years throughout the country with the expectation of reaching 100 locations in operation by 2028.
- Benugo’s ability to adapt to different environments and locations have been a major key to its success, says Rory McEntee, head of marketing.
- PJiffy Trucks Ltd is the UK’s largest and, without doubt, best known supplier of ‘food to the workplace’ snack vans. With over 40 years of experience in this field of hot and cold temperature-controlled snack trucks, the Yorkshire-based company now has another model in its portfolio: the Isuzu Grafter Jiffy Banquet.
- The Sammies shortlist and everything you needed to know about Sandwich Designer of the Year.