Inside This Issue
In this issue, we preview the second edition of the European Coffee Tea & Soft Drinks Expo (21-22 May 2019, Olympia, London), which as its new name suggests, has broadened out to showcase more beverages.
Our features include some coffee talk, ice cream and milk alternatives, and with Caffè Nero’s recent acquisition of Coffee#1, ongoing developments at Patisserie Valerie, and Grind furthering its future expansion plans via crowdfunding, the café and coffee shop sector is certainly at the centre of plenty of business activity right now.
- First cup recycling initiative in Scotland.
- Caffè Nero acquires Coffee#1.
- Largest UK Coffee Week.
- Causeway Capital acquire Patisserie Valerie.
Cafe Life Association
- Association update
- European Coffee Expo 2019.
- Farm Shop & Deli Show 2019.
- Alternative opportunities – the increasing demand for dairy-free milks.
- Coffee talk – coffee roasting insight.
- Ice cream ideas – get ready for summer..
- Ringtons and La Cimbali: A partnership made in coffee heaven.
- Brexit and commercial contract considerations.
- Francesco, you are really spoiling us... - Ferrero Rocher teams up with Francesco Mazzei.
- Integrating allergen management into your catering business – advice from Jacqui McPeake.
- Divorce, and the family run business – legal insight from Mark Buttery of Ansons.
- New products.