Inside This Issue
International Sandwich & Food to Go News and Café Culture staff will be on stand M243 at the lunch! show. See you there!
- ADELIE Foods has placed its recently acquired Northern Ireland operation in administration, in what amounts to an change of heart, following a review of its business.
- GREENCORE has acquired The Sandwich Factory from Cranswick plc for £15m. The acquisition extends Greencore’s considerable dominance in the sector and also its reach into customer channels such as convenience stores and the travel sector.
- After months of research, development and feedback Street Eats has launched the 'SWAP' range, a new range of hot and cold food to go products.
- Former Adelie Foods’ sandwich developers Elliot Cantrell and partner ‘Alfie’ Jones are pushing the boundaries of sandwich excellence in the most unlikeliest of places – a tiny sandwich bar in the back streets of Northampton. The food is simply astonishing. Simon Ambrose paid a call.
- Authenticity and a feel-good factor are at the heart of Friska, one of Bristol’s best café and sandwich bars, with a new unit opened in Birmingham early this year. Now they’re looking to push north with a new tranche of stores next year.