Inside This Issue
In this we provide a comprehensive lunch! show new product preview, and the Sammies Awards 2019 launches.
- The sandwich industry looks set to experience wholesale price rises of at least 5% in the coming months for meat, vegetable and dairy products because of the UK’s extreme weather this year, research suggests.
- Julian Metcalfe OBE, co-founder of high street chain Pret A Manger and founder of Asianinspired, healthy food outlet itsu, is confirmed for a headline Keynote interview at lunch! 2018 on 20 September at London ExCeL.
- Subway is trialling delivery through Just Eat’s app and website, from 31 stores in London, Leeds and Manchester. By the end of the year, Subway in partnership with Just Eat plans to roll out delivery nationwide from over 500 Subway stores across the UK.
- UK food importer The FoodFellas has launched an innovative avocado product that could transform avocado use for both sandwich and food to go manufacturers and foodservice.
- Bristol’s outstanding baker and sandwich maker Pinkmans is showing just how good sandwiches can be when made with fresh bread and simple, complementary fillings. Simon Ambrose paid a call
- The bright Los Hermanos logo says it all: two happy brothers, “one a trained chef and one a loveable genius”. They’re permanently poised to fiesta at various locations in Bristol with their innovative, full-flavoured street food sandwich offering.
- Comprehensive lunch! show new product preview.