Inside This Issue
Award-winning sandwich bar Cook & Garcia is to expand into new sites in the City of London. It’s time to start planning your sandwich recipes for this years British Sandwich Designer of the Year championships.
- Starbucks has started a three-store sandwich and prepared food trial with POD, the healthy food to go and wraps specialist.
- Award-winning sandwich bar Cook & Garcia is to expand into new sites in the City of London, backed by private equity funding.
- POD’s MD and founder Tim Hall set out the background to the success of the 23-store London-based healthy food-to-go chain at the lunch! show, and spelt out the details of their new partnership with Starbucks.
- EAT faced a big problem just prior to 2012. Although the menu had constantly evolved, the brand hadn’t changed in any significant way for 10 years and like for like sales were flattening out as a result. The solution was a major rebrand, which has seen new look stores achieving some great results. EAT’s brand director Sarah Doyle explains.
- Sandwich manufacturer Tasties is rebranding its successful Street Heats range as Street Eats, a major move including some 80 new products, which will see its completion in January next year. Development guru Mark Arnold took us through the changes.
Sandwich Designer of the Year
- It’s time to start planning your sandwich recipes for this prestigious competition.