Inside This Issue
Entries are now being invited for the Sammies 2015.
- As we went to press, we learned that Howard Farquhar has resigned as managing director from sandwich and food to go manufacturer Tasties of Chester, as well as other companies in the group: Pasta King (UK), Pastaking Holdings, The freshly Made Food Company, PK Food Concepts, Fresca for Pasta and Pasta Pronto
- The British Sandwich Association has formed a partnership with Slough Borough Council with the aim of helping members across the UK to get consistent and reliable advice
- Harrods customers are now munching their top quality sarnies in equally opulent surroundings, following the opening of a new Tom Dixon designed sandwich bar - a true celebration of modern Britain, reflected all the way from the chic interiors to the classic sandwich menu
- Foxcroft & Ginger serves some of the most adventurous and exciting sandwiches in London from shops in Soho and Whitechapel. With two more units in the pipeline this year, it’s all happening for this all-day dining café. Simon Ambrose paid a call
- The French Tarte is making a real name for itself in Surrey, with a fantastic range of gourmet sandwiches, cakes, breads and patisserie. A second outlet opened in March In Teddington in March last year, with a total of five planned for the county by 2017
- The Sammies – also known as The British Sandwich Industry Awards – is the main event in the British Sandwich Association calendar and are open to everyone involved in the sandwich industry.