Inside This Issue
LUNCH! Show - A number of big names from M&S, EAT., Pret, Greggs, Caffè Nero & Tortilla have been announced for the Working Theatre at the lunch! show. Plus our extensive exhibitor preview.
- The Sandwich Factory (now Cranswick Food On the Go) has been fined £60,000 with costs of £57,000 by Warwick Crown Court following an incident in 2012 when an agency worker was pinned between a forklift truck and a lorry he was about to unload. One of its former directors, Paul Nicholson, was also fined.
- Competitive prices and speed of service have made Monty’s Sandwich Deli bar one of the most popular venues in central Birmingham, but as Simon Ambrose, discovers, it hasn’t always been easy, with the recession, the road closure outside for the new tram system and the riots of 2011 all making life tricky at times.
- The Chicago-based Potbelly chain has opened its first franchise in the UK, with 10 shops planned over the next three years, all in London. Simon Ambrose went to the Westfield shopping mall, Stratford to check out the new arrival.
- North-east sandwich manufacturer On A Roll anounced £3.6m expansion plans recently, a new chapter in a remarkable story for the BSA member. We talked to founder and Managing Director James Stoddard.
- Regional Sandwich Manufactures - Major sandwich manufacturers are expanding fast to meet new demand from the growing food to go category, but is there really room for all of them? Simon Ambrose investigates.
- LUNCH! Show - A number of big names from M&S, EAT., Pret, Greggs, Caffè Nero & Tortilla have been announced for the Working Theatre at the lunch! show. Plus our extensive exhibitor preview.