Inside This Issue
All the Sammies awards and pieces on individual award winners. Morrisons has dropped manufactured sandwiches in favour of making its own fresh sandwiches in store.
- Morrisons has dropped manufactured sandwiches in favour of making its own fresh sandwiches in store. It’s aiming to become the first of the big four supermarkets to go head-to head with high street designer’ sandwich chains, and chasing a larger slice of the UK’s sandwich market.
- Sandwich and food to go manufacturer and distributor The Bite Group Ltd has been bought out of administration by the Adelie Group.
- Subway’s co-founder Fred DeLuca died recently from leukemia at just 67. His enduring ‘recessionproof’ concept, launched 50 years ago, became one of the best-known brands in the world.
- The food to go sector is moving increasingly towards ‘indulgent healthy’ food, said Helen Higgins, EAT’s head of food, at a recent lunch! show presentation.
- Food to go retailers can’t just rely on tempting customers: they now have to inform and educate them through their smart phones and mobile technology, says John Want, Adelie’s head of marketing.
The Sammies Awards
- All the Sammies awards and pieces on individual award winners.
Sandwich Designer of the Year
- Forget the word ‘humble’, sandwiches are a real focus for innovation in the UK, and nowhere more so than at the annual Sandwich Designer of the Year competition. Simon Ambrose was there.
- Morgane Thouvenel, Street Eats Brand Manager, has some top tips for designing tasty top sandwiches.
PLUS 'THE SAMMIES' AND SANDWICH DESIGNER OF THE YEAR AWARDS. ALL THE LATEST INFO