Inside This Issue
Costa has launched a new foodled concept, Costa Fresco. Tortilla, The UK’s largest takeaway and eat-in Mexican chain, is expanding rapidly with new outlets planned for Scotland and Dubai.
- A quality sandwich bar selling sandwiches and food to go for just £1 an item has opened in classy and expensive Fitzrovia, London to a storm of publicity in national newspapers. At least another unit is now expected to open this year.
- A new consumer insight report, commissioned by leading food manufacturer Adelie Foods, has revealed a number of interesting facts on how UK consumers shop the growing FtG (Food to Go) category.
- There’s no stopping Greencore. Its Food to Go division has outperformed the market with revenue growth of 8.9%, driven by net business wins and the roll out of new product lines.
- Costa has launched a new foodled concept, Costa Fresco, which aims to offer quality, fresh-baked food to customers for the first time.
- How did Caffè Nero manage to achieve a chain of some 600 stores, starting from an initial platform of five acquired coffee bars, a limited budget and very little expertise? Paul Ettinger, cofounder, explains all.
- Tortilla, The UK’s largest takeaway and eat-in Mexican chain, is expanding rapidly with new outlets planned for Scotland and Dubai. Richard Morris, managing director, explains how its success has been achieved.